London's Parks and Green Spaces
Waterlow Park is a 26-acre (11 ha) park in the south east of Highgate Village, in North London. It was given to the public by Sir Sydney Waterlow, as "a garden for the gardenless" in 1889. Lauderdale House is at the edge of the park, used as a tea room and for functions and arts events; none of the interior remains in its original state. It is a much modified very old timber framed house, dating back to the sixteenth century. It is surrounded by formal gardens. Set on a hillside, the park is set amongst ponds and offers views across the City of London. It is managed by the London Borough of Camden. After extensive vandalism and neglect it was restored in 2005. It was referenced by Ian Hunter of Mott the Hoople in their song "Waterlow", from the 1971 album "Wildlife".
swcparks waterlow-park Tag your photos and upload them to our Flickr group
These photos are geo-tagged as being in Waterlow Park