This week's walks
Welcome. We have a guide for new members that explains all, but in brief:
- These walks are free. Everybody welcome, especially visitors to London. No membership, no booking, no RSVPs, just turn up!
- Please bring a copy of the route as our walks do not have leaders, i.e. a printout, an OS map, or a smartphone (with mapping or PDF).
- Turnout: 5 to 40 people, weather dependent. See walk reports for an idea.
- Travel: A "Network Card" gives 1/3 off train fares. Check for 🚧 weekend tube closures.
- Meet: At the station the walk starts from by the platform exit.
- Train problems: Use #swcwalks
- Sunset: 16:35. Dusk: 17:13. Moon: 78% (dusk to 04:17)
Covid19: We usually have 1 request ("bring a copy of the route"), but now we have some strict rules [discuss]
- you must social distance to, during, and after the walk
- you must split into sub-groups of 6 (max) at the start, and not mix later on
- while splitting into sub-groups: 2m plus face mask
- your sub-group must swap contact information for tracing
- you must not meet inside pubs or car share
No club walks during lockdown.
You may walk:
- where: locally, "meaning avoiding travelling outside of your village, town or the part of a city where you live".
- with: your bubble, or you plus 1
This is unlikely to be relaxed before Easter when mass vaccination takes effect.
If using public transport, be safe : a mask may not keep you safe in an enclosed space with poor ventilation
Use this-weeks-walks.walkingclub.org.uk/ if the page fails to appear.