This week's walks
Welcome. We have a guide for new members that explains all, but in brief:
- These walks are free. Everybody welcome, especially visitors to London. No membership, no booking, no RSVPs, just turn up!
- Please bring a copy of the route as our walks do not have leaders, i.e. a printout, an OS map, or a smartphone (with mapping or PDF).
- Turnout: 5 to 40 people, weather dependent. See walk reports for an idea.
- Travel: A "Network Card" gives 1/3 off train fares. Check for 🚧 weekend tube closures.
- Meet: At the station the walk starts from by the platform exit.
- Train problems: Use #swcwalks
- Sunset: 20:07. Dusk: 20:43. Moon: 57% (dusk to 04:02)
We usually have 1 request ("bring a copy of the route"), but now we have some strict rules [discuss]
- you must social distance to, during, and after the walk
- you must split into sub-groups of 6 (max) at the start, and not mix later on
- while splitting: 2m plus face mask
- your must provide` contact information for tracing
Please only come if you are willing to follow these rules to keep everyone safe.
Please demonstrate covid-aware reasoning (e.g. avoid rush hour, busy places, walks with pinch points). "Keep local" has been dropped.
If (1) a named 'covid officer' comes on the walk, and (2) pre-booking is done (to enforce track & trace), then the '6' limit would not apply.
Future dated posts to publish, save as draft at the future date/time, then use the 'publish' link above
Use this-weeks-walks.walkingclub.org.uk/ if the page fails to appear.