Add you walk videos
If you've taken a video on one of the walks, and you'd like them to appear on this website, then please upload them to Youtube using the instructions below.
- Create an account on YouTube (its free).
- Upload your video
- Set the video's title, and keywords, so that we can find it, and assign it to the correct walk
- Then it should appear on the new videos page
Title and Keywords
|Walk||Video Title||Video Keywords|
|Time Out book 1, walk 3||... swcwalks book 1 walk 20 ...||
|Time Out book 2, walk 13||... swcwalks book 2 walk 7 ...||
|SWC walk 117||... swcwalks swcwalk117 ...||
You can put the walk name first if you prefer, e.g. "Otford Circular Walk, March 2015, swcwalks book 1 walk 43"
|Example||Video Title||Video Keywords|
|All videos must have this keyword||... swcwalks ...||
|For a new walk, not yet assigned a walk number||... swcwalks ... newwalk ...||
|For an evening walk||... swcwalks ... evening ...||
|For SWC Club Social Events||... swcwalks ... social ...||
Check if it works
Try 'recent videos'. If its not there, try the actual searches we do.
Why is this so complicated? Well...
- we can search on keywords (e.g. "swcwalks") to get a list of videos, but strangely, the keywords aren't returned with the results. All we get is the title. So we need to have the "keywords data" duplicated in the title to work out which walk the video is of.
- when we search by date (for the recent videos page), it only checks the title (not the keywords), so we need 'swcwalks' tag duplicated there as well.
Last Updated : Mar-15 by Andrew