|Start||Island Gardens DLR station|
|Finish||Cutty Sark DLR station|
|Time||1 hour 15 minutes|
|Travel||Island Gardens and Cutty Sark are on the The Docklands Light Railway (DLR) which connects with Canary Wharf on the Jubilee line and Bank on the Northern and Central lines. Both stations are in Travelcard Zone 2.|
To be written.
The Plume of Feathers, 19 Park Vista, SE10 9LZ T: 020 8858 1661. Lunch noon - 15:00, to 16:00 (Sat), 17:00 (Sun). Dinner Wed - Sat only. 18:00 - 21:00, to 21:30 (Fri & Sat)
After the walk, we would love to get your feedback
National Rail: 03457 48 49 50 • Travelline SE (bus times): 0871 200 2233 (12p/min) • TFL (London) : 0343 222 1234
|Copyright||© Saturday Walkers Club. All Rights Reserved. No commercial use. No copying. No derivatives. Free with attribution for one time non-commercial use only. www.walkingclub.org.uk/site/license.shtml|
The directions for this walk are also in a PDF (link above) which you can download on to a Kindle, tablet, or smartphone. OpenStreetMap (not OS) mapping is used in the PDF for licence reasons.
- Coming out of Island Gardens station, cross over the main road (Manchester Road) and continue south for 100 metres to enter the glazed domed entrance to the Greenwich Foot Tunnel under the Thames.
- On the south side of the Thames, head south past the Cutty Sark on your left and after 100 metres you join Greenwich Church Street. In 60 metres turn left along College Approach and after 90 metres turn right along King William Walk, 160º.
- After 100 metres cross over the A206 (Romney Road), to continue in the same direction (passing a conference centre and the National Maritime Museum on your left-hand side).
- In 120 metres you reach the north west entrance to Greenwich Park. The observatory is visible on the hill top on the west side and The Gardens, are in the upper south east section of the Park.
- Having explored Greenwich Park, exit via the lower north east gate (to the right / east side of The National Maritime Museum) leading onto Park Vista. (For Maze Hill station turn right, then left, then right.) Turn left along Park Vista to reach The Plume of Feathers on your right after 160 metres.
- Route back to Cutty Sark station: Coming out of The Plume of Feathers, turn right along Park Vista. After 70 metres follow the road round to the right to reach a T-junction with the main road (Romney Road). Turn left passing by the National Maritime Museum on your left hand side. In 250 metres cross over King William Walk, and in a further 80 metres turn right along Greenwich Church Street. In 100 metres at a junction with Creek Road on your left, cross over to the north side of Creek Road for Cutty Sark station.
- Route back to Maze Hill station: Coming out of The Plume of Feathers, turn left along Park Vista for 180 metres to reach a road junction with Maze Hill. Turn left and in 15m, turn right for Maze Hill station.