Download GPS Route
These GPS files are free for non-commercial use only.
Do not make them publicly available on other websites. If you do, we will require you to pay for the substantial cost of creating the file. If you wish to use them commercially, please Contact Us
The route for this walk is available in 2 formats, GPX and KML
How to use GPS data
You can load these GPS data files into:
- an Android or iPhone GPS smartphone or tablet (with the right app),
- a walker's dedicated GPS device, e.g. Satmap or Garmin
- a PC / Mac application (e.g. Google Earth)
The Android and iPhone apps, and Satmap 12, work while you are out walking as the maps are stored on your device, i.e. you don't need a signal (in practise, even with 4G, you will rarely have a signal while out walking.)
Orux Maps cheap android
maps.me free android iPhone
Uses free Openmaps mappping. May be easier to load with our KML files
Anquet OMN £24/year android iPhone
Satmap Active 12 £300 handheld
The Satmap Active 12 is a dedicated, rugged, waterproof, walker's GPS device. £370 for GPS device and OS 1:50K mapping for Great Britain.
OS Maps Online £30 website
OS Maps Online. About £20/year for printing OS Explorer 1:25K mapping, and plotting your own routes. Requires web access, so cannot be used while out walking
The OS also have a Android/iPhone app, but it isn't yet a mature product.
This Website (and many others) free website
Using a website, e.g. this one, for viewing OS or OpenStreetMap maps (free). Requires web access, so cannot be used out walking.
- Android and iPhone: The OS's own MapFinder App. The app is free, but map tiles are pricey : 1:25K ~ £13 per OS Explorer map, 1:50K ~ £10 per (4x larger) OS Landranger Map
- iPhone: Hikesmith - new iPhone App by a London based developer
- Any (online only) : Bing Maps Aerial Imagery - view the route with low altitude photos.
Prices Updated: Mar 14