|Start||Queensway underground station|
|Finish||Charing Cross / Embankment / Westminster underground station|
|Travel||All stations are in Travelcard Zone 1.|
An easy straightforward walk, through Central London's extensive parks.
The destination pub is The Lord of the Moon of the Mall, 16 - 18 Whitehall, SW1A 2DY T: 020 7839 7701 - serves food until 22:00
After the walk, we would love to get your feedback
National Rail: 03457 48 49 50 • Travelline SE (bus times): 0871 200 2233 (12p/min) • TFL (London) : 0343 222 1234
|Copyright||© Saturday Walkers Club. All Rights Reserved. No commercial use. No copying. No derivatives. Free with attribution for one time non-commercial use only. www.walkingclub.org.uk/site/license.shtml|
The directions for this walk are also in a PDF (link above) which you can download on to a Kindle, tablet, or smartphone.
- Exit Queensway station and turn right for a few metres to cross over Bayswater Road to enter Kensington Palace Gardens.
- Go south to the Round Pound, then north-east to the Peter Pan statue.
- Then south along the Long Water to cross over the bridge (over Long Water / Serpentine)into Hyde Park.
- Go east to the Wellington Monument (Achilles statue) in the south-east corner of Hyde Park.
- Leave Hyde Park through the underpass to emerge on the west side of Green Park.
- Head to the south-east corner of the Green Park to cross over The Mall to St James Park.
- Continue east to the south-east corner of the St James Park to go along Great George Street to Parliament Square, then north along Whitehall to the destination pub on the left after 500 metres, (70m before Trafalgar Square).