This is a circular walk around the cliffs of Lundy, a small island 12 miles off the north coast of Devon in the Severn Estuary.
The island has an interesting and somewhat lawless history, including the Knights Templar, and piracy in the middle ages. Nowadays, its run by the Landmark Trust on behalf of its owners, the National Trust. There is no town, just 1 pub for daytrippers, and a few houses scattered around the island for holiday rental, and for the minimal residential poulation.
The island is 3 miles long by 0.6 miles wide. Its a 400 feet high plateau, surrounded by cliffs apart from the landing beach, so has terrific sea views. There are lighthouses at either end, and an unused one in top (it was often shrouded in fog). The island was once famous for puffins but they are now rare. Points of interest include a castle, some Celtic remains, and the 1906 wreck of HMS Montagu.
No vehicles. Only assistance dogs are allowed. You should get a mobile phone signal. Its a 400 feet (130m) walk uphill from the landing point.
See the Landmark Trust Lundy website